Asian style pork pineapple skewers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 kg of lean pork, diced in 4cm cubes
- ½ a fresh pineapple, peeled and cut in pieces
... for the marinade
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 bullet chillies finely chopped (optional)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (crushed)
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Place the freezer bags one inside the other, add the diced pork, cubed pineapple and all the marinade ingredients. Remove as much air as possible, seal the bags and massage the marinade into the meat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, massaging the marinade into the meat now and again to allow the enzymes in the pineapple to tenderise the meat.
- Just before you’re ready to cook, preheat a barbecue flat plate or large frying pan to medium high. Thread the meat and pineapple on to 10 pre soaked skewers, reserve the marinade juices.
- Line the frying pan or solid barbecue plate with baking paper (to keep it clean) and then place the skewers on top. Cook turning often and brushing with the marinade occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through and slightly caramelized. Remove from the heat and wrap in foil. Rest in a warm place for about 8-10 minutes before serving. Serve with steamed rice and Asian vegetables.