Chicken Beetroot Slaw
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Quick and Easy
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 300g cold roast chicken, cut into pieces
for the beetroot slaw
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled cut into fine strips
- 1 large carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1½ cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 3 kale leaves, stalk removed shredded
- 1 pink lady apple, cored and cut into slices
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- ⅔ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- a few parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, mix all the beetroot slaw ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients and season to taste. Stir the dressing through the slaw. Check the seasoning again.
- Pile the slaw onto a large serving dish and top with the chicken, walnuts and a few parsley leaves. Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve later.