Christmas Pavlova wreath
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 1½ cups castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1¼ cups whipping cream
- 1 punnet strawberries, cut in half with the green hulls still attached
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1 handful cherries (optional)
- ½ cup mint leaves, washed
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Whisk egg whites and salt until satiny peaks form. Whisk in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until meringue is stiff, shiny and the sugar is totally dissolved. Sprinkle over cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and whisk for a few seconds until fully combined.
- Cut the end off a piping bag and place about a ¼ of the meringue mix in the bag. Pipe a line of the meringue round to outside of both rings (to form a guide for the rest of the wreath). Spoon the rest of the mixture round the ring and use either a spatula or spoon to flatten off the top slightly and to make a attractive pattern.
- Place in oven, immediately reduce heat to 120°C and cook for 90 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the Pavlova in the oven to cool completely as the oven cools down. Taking care not to break it, transfer the pavlova onto a large serving plate, pile the cream around the top of the wreath, arrange the raspberries, strawberries and mint leaves in a decorative pattern. Chill until your ready to serve.