These spicy salami herbs Parmesan scrolls are perfect when you need an easy and cost effective appetizer. You can make them the day before and just warm them up before you serve them, or make a double batch and freeze half. Warning: we ate rather a lot!
Spicy salami herb Parmesan scrolls
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 75g very thinly sliced chilli salami
- 50g finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or oregano very finely chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a large flat oven tray with baking paper and place a large sheet of bake on a large chopping board.
- Place one sheet of pastry on the bake, brush it lightly with beaten egg, scatter it lightly with chopped herbs, diced salami and grated Parmesan. Place the second sheet of pastry on top. Place a sheet of bake on the top sheet of pastry and roll the pastry sheets lightly to make them stick together with the filling in the middle.
- Remove the top sheet of bake. Cut the filled pastry sheets in half. Put one half to one side. Bush the other half with egg and scatter it again with salami, cheese and herbs. Leaving a margin of 2cms on one long edge. Use the bake to help you roll the filled pastry tightly from the long side, until you have a long roll.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut the filled pastry roll into 1cm slices. You should get about 16 slices from each roll. Transfer each one to the bake lined tray with a 3-4 cm gap between each to allow for expansion when they cook. Repeat with the remaining ½ of filled pastry. Brush each scroll with a little more egg, sprinkle a little finely diced salami on each one. Bake for 20 minutes for until golden brown.
- Just before serving dust each scroll with a little smoked sweet paprika. Serve warm.