Sticky chicken drumsticks
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 3 tablespoons strong flavoured honey
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
...for the garnish
- 3 spring onions, chopped in slices diagonally
- Place one freezer bag inside the other for extra strength, and add all of the marinade ingredients, as well as the chicken. Seal the bags and massage the marinade into the meat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning a couple of times to make sure the chicken is well coated in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a medium oven tray or roasting dish with baking paper.
- Transfer the marinated chicken together with all of the marinade to the dish, cover with baking paper and foil then place in the oven. Cook for approximately 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove the cover and bake for another 30 minutes turning the pieces in the marinade until the chicken is tender, cooked through and a rich dark brown.
- Serve topped with chopped spring onion and steamed rice.